Christmas is long gone, but it’s never too late to store up some ideas for next year. There are a lot of churches that had successful Christmas experiences this past December. We wanted to highlight a few of those in this Christmas roundup.
Elevate Church – Morton, Ill.
- Handed out 2,000 invites to attenders to give to their friends.
- Put up two billboards in high traffic locations.
- Had volunteers post invites with mini disco balls onto public bulletin boards:
The Orchard Community – Aurora, Ill.
They went a more grassroots approach with using word of mouth, website and social media. No mailers. No invite cards.
They packed out all five of their Christmas Eve services.
The Fields Church – Mattoon, Ill.
- Created a float for local holiday parade and passed out packets of hot chocolate attached to invite cards.
- Sent out a mass mailing to anyone that had attended in the past five years.
- Hand delivered a dozen cookies and invite cards to 200 families that attend regularly inviting them, and encouraging them to invite others.
Rockford First – Rockford, Ill.
- A Mass mailer 8.5″x5″ Postcard
- 4″x4″ Handout cards for church members
- 30 second radio spots
- Evites from the dedicated webpage
- 4’x4′ signs road side signs
- In house video announcements/slides
- Produced a 25 minute short film for their annual TV special on local networks.
AFC Church – Eagle River, Alaska
- Held a pajama party for their Children’s ministry with homemade ornaments and a VeggieTales movie.
- Photo booth for families with a decorated backdrop, santa hats, antlers, lights, naughty/nice signs. And posted the photos on Facebook.
Northside Christian Church – Wadsworth, Ohio
As people came into the service they were handed a simple 2″x2″ brown box, a gift, and were asked to hold onto it until instructed to open it. Inside was a prepackaged communion wafer and juice. They wrapped up talking about God’s perfect gift and asked everyone to open the gift and partake of communion together.
Pure Heart – Glendale, Ariz.
On Christmas Eve weekend, they trucked in 50 tons of snow for the kids to play in. They are in Arizona.
Newbreak Church – San Diego, Calif.
Created a sub site for their Christmas Eve services.
The Crossing – Chesterfield, Mo.
The Crossing in the St. Louis area had 21 Christmas services across three campuses themed “The Best-est Story Ever.” They produced a mini-website and flyers to promote the services.
What cool ideas did you see this Christmas? We’ve got more stories in the Church Marketing Lab.
- The church marketing Christmas elves are ready to help. Check out even more church Christmas ideas for help with planning, promotion and inspiration.