Note: #cmschat is currently on hiatus while we dream it all up again. Feel free to continue to use the hashtag to have church communication conversations. You can also join the continuing #chsocm chats.
Church Marketing Sucks hosts a weekly Twitter chat about church communication.
The weekly chats are hosted by Steve Fogg, along with special guest hosts.
When: Every Thursday
Time: 9 p.m. Eastern | 8 p.m. Central | 6 p.m. Pacific | 1 p.m. (Friday) Australia (yes, we’re international)
We’ll use the hashtag #cmschat.
After every chat a transcript will be posted so you can go back and find that brilliant tweet.
How & Why: Steve Fogg explains how a Twitter chat works and why you should check it out.
Email Sign Up
We’ll send out weekly emails with the link to the chat transcript to keep you in the loop. Sign up now
- 2017 Church Communication Predictions
- How to Avoid Common Social Media Mishaps
- Creative Event Promotion
- Jump-Starting Your 2017 Communication Plans
- Creating Compelling Video Announcements
- Church Management Systems
- Church Communication Project Management
- Christmas Ideas to Share Your Message
- Church Comm Hacks: How to Do It Well When You Can’t Do It All
- How to Harness Text Messaging for Your Church
- Facebook Live: Reaching More People for Your Church
- How to Leverage Facebook Ads for Your Church
- How to Get the Most out of Instagram Stories for Your Church
- How to Reach & Engage With the YouTube Generation
- Engaging on Instagram
- Snapchat: The Inside Scoop
- Pokemon Go & Your Church: Welcoming Gamers
- The Importance of Finding the Right Audience
- How to Find the Right Target Audience
- Content is King, the King is Dead, Long Live the King
- How to Create Engaging Social Media Content
- The Most Important Skill You Could Ever Learn: Storytelling (Video Chat)
- How to Create a Social Media Policy
- How to Improve Church Websites (Video Chat)
- Learning About Creative Missions
- Outstanding Church Customer Service
- Effective Crisis Communication for the Church
- New Church Websites: What Works & What Doesn’t
- Creating Email Campaigns That Work
- How to Reach More People on Social Media at Easter
- More Effective Stage Announcements
- Planning (& Surviving) Easter
- How to Write Compelling Church Announcements
- Communication Mistakes to Avoid at All Cost
- How Will Churches Reach a Digital Generation?
- How to Promote Your Christmas Series or Event
- Christmas Microsites
- 10 Characteristics of Effective Church Communication
- How Periscope Can Improve Your Church Communication
- Questions to Transform Church Communication
- The Value of Church Communication for Leaders
- Planning Christmas
- Is Advertising Still Worth It for Churches?
- Effective Public Relations for Churches
- Church Website Navigation & Usability
- How to Get Better by Quitting
- How to Rebrand Your Church
- How to Improve Your Visual Social Media Marketing
- Church Communicators’ Roundtable
- Top Free & Paid Tools for Your Church
- How to Leverage Instagram for Your Church
- How Your Church Can Leverage SEO and SEM
- Creating a Church Communication Strategy
- How to Build a Brilliant Volunteer Church Communications Team
- How to Use Periscope
- How to Connect With Your Local Community Online
- How to Create a Compelling Sermon Series
- How to Create Great Web Experiences for Potential Guests
- Email Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Strategy Questions
- Church Communication on the Cheap
- Google’s Mobile Friendly Update
- Communications & Giving
- Self Care After Easter
- Church Branding
- Scheduling, Managing & Priority of Messages
- Easter Ideas
- Easter Preparation
Please share the news with your community on Twitter:
I can’t wait to attend #cmschat to talk all things church comm w/ @cmsucks: http://cmsucks.us/chat
Church comm Twitter chat every Thursday at 9 p.m. Eastern w/ @cmsucks: http://cmsucks.us/chat #cmschat
Join @SteveFogg & @cmsucks every Thursday at 9 p.m. Eastern for the #cmschat: http://cmsucks.us/chat
- For more on the #cmschat, see the announcement post from Steve Fogg.
What About #chsocm?
We love the #chsocm Twitter chat hosted by Meredith Gould and her team. We got inspiration, advice and—yes—a blessing from Meredith when we were planning our #cmschat. The #chsocm chat is great for social media, but we wanted a wider conversation to cover other areas of church communication. We encourage you to check out the #chsocm chat every Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST.