Sometimes you need a little inspiration. You’re staring at the screen and the motivation is just not there.
Don’t worry. You’re not alone.
There are so many heroes who have gone before us with lessons to share. Reading about communication heroes can be just the shot of inspiration you need. And we’ve collected those stories into our newest ebook, Church Communication Heroes Volume 1: Lessons From Those Who Have Gone Before.
It includes 15 stories:
- The determined Aimee Semple McPherson founded a denomination and pioneered radio.
- Artist Vincent van Gogh didn’t have it all together but still created incredible works of art.
- A poet, activist, lawyer, teacher and priest, Pauli Murray refused to be pinned down.
- The martyr of El Salvador, Oscar Romero, communicated the truth in the face of injustice.
- Walt Disney worked in imagination, breathing life into wonderful ideas and making them reality.
- 13th century traveler Bar Sauma road tripped halfway around the world, embracing the church at every stop.
- The tenacious conductor on the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman, had a deep and powerful motivation.
- The humble St. Francis of Assisi spent his life trying to make his faith and actions match, with radical results.
- The first woman to be ordained as a minister in the U.S., Antoinette Brown Blackwell put her faith into action.
- Civil rights hero Martin Luther King Jr. communicated his vision with powerful words.
- Teen hero Joan of Arc carried a banner into battle instead of a sword.
- Missionary Hudson Taylor embraced cultural customs in order to make connections.
- Social reformer Pandita Ramabai refused to bow to “that’s how we’ve always done it,’ and pushed for women’s rights in India.
- His name isn’t well known, but the words of Athanasius of Alexandria are repeated every week in the Nicene Creed.
- Writer Madeleine L’Engle merged science and faith, embracing the mysteries and welcoming the question ‘why.’
Discover their inspiring lives and remember that you’re one in a long line of communicators sharing the greatest story ever told. Who’s your hero?
Buy it Now: Church Communication Heroes Volume 1