There are a couple conferences that I recommend to church communicators on a regular basis. One of these is STORY. If you’re fortunate enough to be able to attend STORY this year, we hope we can connect with you, and put a face with a Twitter handle. One of the things I love most about attending these events is not only the amazing content I get to soak up, but also having the opportunity to meet face to face with others who I’ve only had exchanges with online. It’s a great time to learn from those who are doing what I do on a daily basis, and decompress the things we heard at the conference that day.
So this year at STORY we would like to make it as easy as possible for you to connect with other church communicators. We’re hosting a meetup for supper on Thursday, following the main session. You should have time to grab a bite to eat and hit the special STORY worship session planned for later that night.
- What: A meetup for church communicators to connect and enjoy a Chicago urban burger and some tater tots.
- When: Thursday, Sept. 20, 6 p.m.
- Where: Burger Bar Chicago, 1578 N. Clybourn (less than a mile from STORY)
- Who: Fellow communication directors, designers, social media peeps and church communicators of all types.
- RSVP: One thing we do ask is that you please RSVP here, as we only have a limited amount of space.
So be sure to reserve your seat, and I’m looking forward to seeing you there!