If your church website is embarrassing, fix it. Terrell Sanders of Main Street Enterprises and the guy behind the MinistryCOM conference offers a new ebook, Get UnEmbarrassed: 10 Secrets to Effective Church Websites. It’s a quick and free (email sign up required) ebook that offers 10 practical ways to make better websites:
- Use a simple, classic design.
- Design for content.
- Consistent style does not mean boring.
- Start small, design to grow.
- Design for guests.
- A picture is worth 1,000 words.
- Your webmaster should be a writer.
- Publish frequently, in bite-size pieces.
- Don’t get locked into proprietary systems.
- Keep it fresh.
It’s basic but solid advice for churches with lame websites hoping to make them tolerable. It’s a great resource to pair with our Church Websites 101 series for all the web advice you need.