We need help, but it doesn’t have to involve opening your wallet.
I just got back from Northwest Arkansas, and Joplin, Mo., after spending five days assessing needs for the upcoming Creative Missions trip, May 19-25, 2012.
From helping a church that just bought a zoo to serving pastors named Switch and Rambo, this is shaping up to be a phenomenal trip.
The best part about sitting down and talking to potential churches is we’re not selling anything. It’s probably better that way since I’m a terrible salesman and hate talking money. Instead, we’re blessing churches by giving away services they’d normally have to pay for, and it’s blowing them away—kinda like a small-scale version of Secret Millionaire.
Consider a glimpse of what we gave away last year to 17 churches in upstate New York:
- 700 hours donated to 17 churches between 20 creative missionaries.
- Logos, videos, websites and Facebook Pages.
- Sound systems set up and optimized for recording.
- EasyWorship and ProPresenter.
- Copies of Less Clutter. Less Noise. by Kem Meyer.
- Interior and exterior signage.
We’re poised to increase these numbers significantly this year, but just like last year we need your help.
Can you help support Creative Missions 2012 in one of these three areas?
There’s a big need for materials, supplies and donated services so our team will be set up for success.
Can your church or business donate any of these items? Anything collecting dust in a closet?
- Small format printing – bulletin shells, flyers, etc.
- Sign printing – vinyl, coroplast, etc.
- Sound/tech components/stage design
- Worship presentation software – EasyWorship and ProPresenter
- WordPress church templates – like these for example
- Children’s ministry and small group curriculum – video, audio, etc.
- Countryman mics
- Videos for worship and teaching
- Giftcards: Home Depot/Lowes, Radio Shack, Office Depot/Staples
If you’re interested in donating any of these items, please email me.
Do you want to go with us in May? Early bird applications are now being accepted at
We’re looking for folks who have a passion for advancing the kingdom, specifically in any of these areas.
- Print design
- Web design/programming
- Social media
- Community engagement
- Sound tech, stage design, weekend experience
- Leading worship
Of course, there is always need for financial help. This helps pay down transportation on-site, lodging, food and production costs.
In fact, we’re giving away T-shirts for any donation over $75.
The fastest way to give financially is by going to GIVE.creativemissions.to.
Creating Courageous Storytellers
One of the coolest things we saw last year, I guess you could call it an intangible gift, was the confidence our teams restored to pastors and volunteers. Not only do we help churches communicate better, but we make pastors a little more dangerous.
I met J.D when we were in Arkansas., a volunteer at a church we’re going to help that’s at their wits’ end. While fighting back tears, J.D. said…
“God didn’t bring us this far to have us give up.”
Here’s to another successful trip. Thanks for helping.