It’s already October which means one thing: Christmas is right around the corner. If your church is on the ball, you are already be having conversations about what you’re doing for Christmas. If you’re like most churches, though, those conversations aren’t happening yet.
For most churches, Christmas is a key time for outreach through special services and marketing targeted to their community. To help inspire pastors, church leaders, and creatives, Shawn McCarthy and the team at OurShirtsDontSuck.com (no affiliation with Church Marketing Sucks, but still a great name) launched Planning Christmas in 2009. Planning Christmas is a site that brings together different church leaders to share their ideas on how they are planning for their Christmas services.
This year, Church Marketing Sucks is excited to partner with OurShirtsDontSuck.com to present Planning Christmas 2011. Beginning on Wednesday, Nov. 2, each week we’ll be posting a new video and resources from different church creative teams that are in the trenches and planning for Christmas.
We’ve already got a great lineup of presenters including:
- Pace Hartfied – Fellowship Church (Dallas)
- Stephen Brewster – Cross Point Church (Nashville, Texas)
- Shawn Wood – Freedom Church (Charleston, S.C.)
- Cassandra Langton – Hillsong Church (Sydney, Australia)
- Gary Moldander – Floodgate Productions, author of Pursuing Christ, Creating Art (Fresno, Calif.)
- Shannon O’Dell – Brand New Church (Harrison, Ark.)
- Jonathan Pearson – Cornerstone Church (Orangeburg, S.C.)
- Neil Greathouse – New Life Church (Little Rock, Ark.)
More speakers are being added, so stay tuned.