As a creative, do you ever feel like you could be serving more through the talents and abilities God has blessed you with?
Creative Missions is a group of creatives and church communication folks descending on a targeted region to help churches and church plants. We’re pairing the talents of those who sign up with church needs, and grouping folks together to serve each church.
These trips will be similar to typical mission trips, as we’ve all experienced them. However, instead of construction projects, outreach events and Bible schools, Creative Missions seeks to aid these same churches in their communication and creative strategies for engaging their communities.
Albany, N.Y.: May 22-28, 2011
The first Creative Missions trip is going to be based out of Albany, N.Y., May 22-28, 2011.
From Cooperstown to Pittsfield, and Lake George to Poughkeepsie, we’re going to serve 20 churches. Our core leadership has sat down with each church and assessed all of their needs. The pastors can’t believe we want to help.
Leadership and Partners
This vision is too big for one person and requires a group of folks to help advise. I’m honored to have the caliber of folks who are working behind the scenes to drive this vision and lead groups.
Leadership Team and Group Leaders:
- Phil Bowdle: Communications director at West Ridge Church
- Andy Burns: Video director at The Chapel
- Michael Buckingham: Holy Cow Creative and creative director at the Center for Church Communication (CFCC)
- Danielle Hartland: Communications director at Grace Church
- Eric Murrell: Interactive communications manager at Long Hollow Baptist
- Cleve Persinger: MediaSalt.com and external comm. strategist at The Chapel
- Tim Schraeder: Church relations at Church Solutions Group and co-director at CFCC
- Center for Church Communication (the nonprofit parent of Church Marketing Sucks)
- CreationSwap (formally CreativeMYK)
3 Ways to Help
Please consider lending a hand to Creative Missions in one (or more) of the following ways:
1. Give Creatively
Want to go with us in May? You will make a huge difference. Even though signups technically ended March 1, there are still several slots available we’re looking to fill before April 1.
There are many different ways to serve on the trip:
- Logos and Print Collateral
- Web Design
- Web Programming
- Social Media
- Community Engagement/ Marketing
- Sound Tech/Stage Design/Weekend Experience
- IT Support
2. Give Resourcefully
Would your church or organization be willing to donate resources including printing, sound/tech components, stage design, worship presentation software licenses (ProPresenter and EasyWorship), gas cards, and more? E-mail us.
3. Give Financially
We need sponsors and donations to pay down printing, production resources, ground transportation (sponsor a minivan) and lodging. The great news is CFCC will be handling all monies for us.
Paypal: Send donations through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://GIVE.creativemissions.to.
Check: Checks need to be made out to “Center for Church Communication.” Write “Creative Missions” on the memo line.
Center for Church Communication
ATTN: Creative Missions
PO Box 26747
Los Angeles, CA 90026
While we work on a permanent web presence, here’s the repository for everything Creative Missions.