At a church in Atlanta, a dozen people had to be taken to the hospital recently due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Now surely, no one meant for this to happen. But it’s certainly some bad press and a step away from becoming an inviting church. “Oh yeah, aren’t you that church where the 12 people were poisoned?” isn’t the next phrase you want to hear after inviting someone to church.
So this is a friendly reminder to make sure your church has checked its smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors recently so you don’t end up on the wrong side of a story like this.