Looking for a church web site overhaul? Or do you know a pastor who needs to be looking for a site overhaul? IDEA has released a study titled Factors That Improve Online Experience. If your church web site sucks, this is a great place to begin brainstorming something new. They interview three different groups–nonprofit organizations and cities, web designers and firms, and the general public. And you wind up with some of these gems:
- Designers are overly optimistic about visitors’ ability to maintain orientation.
- Good visual design and up-to-date information are critical.
- Visitors want information fast.
- Visitors point to the lack of breadth and depth of site content as causing an “Information Gap.”
- Visitors still need handholding.