- Use an appropriate line length.
- Break the text into many paragraphs.
- Use headers and subheaders.
- Lists and bullet points, please!
- Use bold and italics typefaces (but not at the same time–that’s just stupid).
- Images are your friends (but the image has to be real and relevant).
Church Copy Sucks
And these tips still apply to all things churchy, including sermons, event announcements, letters from the pastor, business meeting minutes, theological exhortations or whatever copy you have.
Basically, if you want people to read it, you need to make it easy to read.