Tony Morgan just posted 5 marketing mistakes that churches make. Here’s his list:
- Promoting your church instead of generating a response.
- Making a promise you can’t keep.
- Trying to be all things to all people.
- Thinking other churches are your competition.
- Publicizing programs that compete with another.
We’ve covered some of these things before. This isn’t necessarily an exhaustive list, but they are a few good guidelines to follow.
I think these and more boil down to two guidelines to follow in all of your marketing:
- Marketing must follow the ethics of Christ
- Use common sense and think things through. Twice. Maybe three times.