Imagine this with me: A message series with two-fold aim. The first aim is to travel through a book of the Bible in linear fashion. The second aim is to develop the themes of the book, as they emerge, into a message series. It might look like so, based on the book of Luke and a theme of “Great Expectations:”
- Luke 7:1-10 and called “Building Expectations.”
- Luke 7:11-17 and called “Raising Expectations.”
- Luke 7:18-35 and called “Grounding Expectations.”
- Luke 7:36-50 and called “Exceeding Expectations.”
- Luke 8:1-3 and called “Expectations Restored.”
So, you ask, why do I have you imagine this? User ‘directcutter’ in our Church Marketing Lab needs some help. He’s working on a series of messages like this, and he’s trying to think of some images to run with alongside the messages. A couple suggestions so far of images associated with “great expectations” are pregnancy and waiting for a blockbuster movie to start.
How about you? What do you think of? What gets your adrenaline pumping and your expectations high?