Some of these lists and resources are older, but they age like fine wine and can still offer some help and hope to church web designers.
- 8 Web Design Cliches of 2006 – Odd names and misplaced dots and gradients, excessive use thereof are my favorites.
- 9 Ways to Misunderstand Web Standards – This one’s pretty techie in nature, but if you’re a designer you’ve got to understand (and not misunderstand) your web standards.
- 5 Techniques for Picking a Domain Name – Some great ideas and tips for how to pick that pesky but all important url.
- The Worst Web Design Techniques Featured on Web Pages That Suck in 2005 – Don’t do what they do.
- 5 Steps to Building Better Web Sites – A few basic ideas for starting a site right.
- 75 Helpful Web Design Resources – More resources than you can handle.
- 8 Web Design Warm Fuzzy Feelings – You didn’t think techies were warm and fuzzy, but this is what makes them smile.
- 50 Redesigns from Scratch – Soon to be a series of 50–you guessed it–redesigns. So far it’s only two, but the new designs and detailed explanations are insightful.
- The Next 35 Sexiest Designed Web Sites You’ve Forgotten – Ignore the tongue-tripping copywriting (and what was that about gradients?), and check out some web design that doesn’t make your eyes bleed. You can also check out the first 35.