A Canadian church (hey, we’ve gone international!) offers an ad for a campus directory—give your feedback in this week’s peer review.
created by Jason Silver
Philpott Church is 111-year-old church located in the downtown of a steel town and averages around 500 people each Sunday. They’ve recently launched a contemporary service and a college-aged ministry. Two years ago the college ministry, oXyGEN, had about 35 students and last year about 75.
They are running a 5″x8″ black and white ad in the 2005 campus directory at McMaster University to promote their oXyGEN college ministry. They’ve been offered free ad space in the directory. Their main demographic is first and second year students. They’re hoping to reach three groups:
- Those passionate about Jesus and looking for a church.
- Those who grew up in church and feel the need to attend out of obligation.
- Those who are curious about Christianity and might come to investigate.
- What do you like about their approach?
- What’s working with the ad?
- What do you think of the visual elements?
- What do you think of the copy?
- What would you improve?