The new year is a great time to plan opportunities to get out and connect with other church communicators. Before you get bogged down with the daily details of your job this year, take some time to be intentional about planning time to refresh and refocus. There are lots of great events happening to help you do that.
Here’s a list of the major events happening in 2015:
- Jan. 22-23: Catalyst Dallas – Dallas
- Feb. 11-12: C3 Conference – Dallas
- March 16-17: Certification Lab – Dallas
- April 16-17: Catalyst West – Southern California
- April 23-25: Q – Boston
- April 27-30: Exponential East – Tampa, Fla.
- April 29-May 1: Orange Conference – Atlanta
- May 16-22: Creative Missions – Boise, Idaho
- June 8-9: Certification Lab – St. Louis
- Aug. 6-7: Global Leadership Summit – Chicago and 300 host sites
- Sept. 18-20: Why Christian – Minneapolis
- Oct. 1-2: STORY – Nashville, Tenn.
- Oct. 5-8: Exponential West – Los Angeles
- Oct. 7-9: Catalyst – Atlanta
- Oct. 21-23: Salt – Nashville, Tenn.
- Nov. 18-19: WFX – Nashville, Tenn.
More than a conference, this is a missions trip. Creative Missions brings a team of 30 church creatives to serve in a different location each year, breathing creative life into local churches and helping them communicate better. This year they’re heading to Boise, Idaho. Applications to join this team will be up soon. Get more info on Creative Missions.
If you’re looking to get better, then the Certification Labs are just for you. These are practical, hands-on conferences designed to help church communication leaders take their efforts to the next level. This year, we’ll be coming to Dallas and St. Louis, so start planning now. This is your chance to improve. Learn more about the Certification Lab.
No Budget? Go Local
If that list looks awesome and intimidating for your poor budget, consider local meetups. There are church communicators meeting across the country. Join a group or start your own.