The site to frustrate, educate and motivate the church to communicate, with uncompromising clarity, the truth of Jesus Christ

Archive for October 2011

How Your Church Can Do Zombie Outreach
9 Comments » October 31, 2011

How Your Church Can Do Zombie Outreach

Just when you thought pop culture could do no more with zombies, the church joins the shuffling mob! We explore four ways you can reach out to the undead.

Read More

Church Marketing Lab: Christmas Designs
3 Comments » October 28, 2011

Church Marketing Lab: Christmas Designs

Christmas themed designs are flying in over on the Church Marketing Lab. Here are a few of the recent uploads.

Read More

Christmas Help Needed
No Comments » October 27, 2011

Christmas Help Needed

Next week we're launching our planning Christmas series. Want to help?

Read More

Planning the Transition
2 Comments » October 26, 2011

Planning the Transition

One thing churches rarely plan for is the transition. The one thing you can be sure will happen is the transition. So get it together now and come up with ...

Read More

Church & Immigration: You’re Not From Around Here
6 Comments » October 24, 2011

Church & Immigration: You’re Not From Around Here

In the midst of the on-going immigration debate, the Bible has a lot to say about welcoming the stranger. As communicators, how do our churches speak to this issue?

Read More

Job & Freelance Board: Account Executives, Communications Manager & Web Design
No Comments » October 21, 2011

Job & Freelance Board: Account Executives, Communications Manager & Web Design

Recently our Job & Freelance Board has been blowing up. Make sure you are adding your job and freelance opportunities to the community too.

Read More

Office Hours: Live-Streaming Services & Getting Noticed on Google
4 Comments » October 19, 2011

Office Hours: Live-Streaming Services & Getting Noticed on Google

Our own Justin Wise has online office hours and takes your questions. This week he talks about live streaming and SEO.

Read More

In the Trenches: Start Blogging
6 Comments » October 17, 2011

In the Trenches: Start Blogging

A pastor in training learns that blogging is an opportunity to preach to those who would never go to church.

Read More

Church Marketing Lab: Homefull, IMPACT & Some Dirty Words
No Comments » October 14, 2011

Church Marketing Lab: Homefull, IMPACT & Some Dirty Words

The Church Marketing Lab needs your feedback. We've got Christmas designs & a discussion on how to coordinate communication efforts.

Read More

Can Marketing Save Lives? Welcoming the LGBT Community
35 Comments » October 13, 2011

Can Marketing Save Lives? Welcoming the LGBT Community

What if gay-affirming churches started reaching out to struggling LGBT teens? It's a situation where marketing could do more than communicate--it could save lives.

Read More

poll-results Article
No Comments » October 12, 2011

Outspoken Poll Results

70% of churches need more conversation on church communication. The other 30%? They've already talked and are ready for action.

Read More

Christmas is Coming
6 Comments » October 12, 2011

Christmas is Coming

Christmas is just around the corner. Are you ready? If you're on the ball, you should already be having those conversations. But if you're like most churches, you're not there ...

Read More

The Last of a Generation: Church Hero Fred Shuttlesworth
1 Comment » October 11, 2011

The Last of a Generation: Church Hero Fred Shuttlesworth

Remembering civil rights leader Fred Shuttlesworth, a pastor who was bombed, beaten and imprisoned in his quest to end segregation.

Read More

In the Trenches: Switching It Up
5 Comments » October 10, 2011

In the Trenches: Switching It Up

What do you do when communication with your staff isn't working? Here's how one church staffer switched things up and got through.

Read More

What People Are Saying About Outspoken
2 Comments » October 7, 2011

What People Are Saying About Outspoken

A round up of reviews and quotes about our new book, Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communication.

Read More

 
Show CFCC Bar
Courageous storytellers welcome.
Hide the bar